Sunday, October 23, 2011

today i acquired a new nickname

i'd like to write you something beautiful
something that would touch you deeply
but i don't think
my brain is up to that
allergy or whatever
forced me to visine and dayquil
seriously
i'm impaired

doesn't mean i don't want you
doesn't mean i don't long for you
just means
can't talk pretty
somedays

today, however
today i got a new nickname
and
i don't know how i feel about it:

pepper

that's the new nickname

at first i was all like:
huh
but then he explained it
and
i kinda wonder no one ever thought of that before

i have a bias against the name i must admit
because it was the name of one of the fake whores
and i was pretty young
so she made an impression

if people give me nicknames, generally
they want to call me that really common one
which i super hate

so now
rather than a hooker name
i think it's actually making fun of me
for being too perky
if you can imagine

it's a very strange world