Monday, January 16, 2023

I often do some sort of cleanse
At the beginning of the year
And this year I had kind of a hard time deciding

And in fact
It's been more like
I don't really know what it's been more like
It's not a cleanse
And I have eaten
Foods that I would not consider to be cleanse foods
But I'm still kind of
I think maybe what I'm doing now

Rotating back through
Things that I've done in the past
But what I've learned about myself
I want to have one skincare routine that I can do all the time same thing you know

I want to have one kind of food thing that I do

But it doesn't work
I can say I want salads
And I eat salads for 1 week
Well then I don't want salads
I just had a week's worth of salads
You know I don't care what the raw food people say they're only so many salads you can make

Now if you just throw a bunch of raw food into a bowl and call that a salad then I guess you've got as many different things as you have ingredients

But why chop those all up and mix them together you know why not eat them separately

Anyway
I'm doing that thing where I'm trying to be more aware of what I want
And the other day I really wanted a smoothie

Now you know I'm not that much of a smoothie person
Generally
I have had them sure I have enjoyed them sure but they're just not a thing I typically do

And fruit sometimes I have to be a little bit careful if I get too much fruit sometimes then I get gassy and that's unpleasant from a variety of perspectives

So there were some juice places
I wanted to smoothie
And there are a variety of smoothie places
But the first thing that came up with smoothie King
And I don't think of smoothie King is particularly healthy
Smoothie King is not the thing you're getting on the way to yoga smoothie King is the thing you're getting after you go to the gym or maybe before you go to the gym if you're a bodybuilder or whatever right or smoothie King is where you go if you're you know a dieter where you want them to put artificial sweeteners or whatever I don't know

And you know I think of them as being artificial

But for some reason I thought yes smoothie King

And I found the section where it had the things that weren't ice cream based
That weren't frozen yogurt based

It's like orange extreme or something
So it's got orange juice
And normally it has bananas
But when your ordering things from DoorDash everything's got a button right You know check here to remove this and that and whatever

So I remove the bananas
Which have too much sugar and will cause me to have stomach issues
And I replaced it with pineapple because

The added juice it had in it was apple pineapple juice
And I'm like I don't want apple pineapple juice that's too much sugar The apple juice adds too much sugar and that's going to cost me trouble

So I added in the pineapple to take into account the fact that I didn't have the pineapple juice

And instead I substituted papaya juice
Well papaya juice blend so I probably ended up with the apple there anyway because it doesn't say what that means

But I do really well with the papaya juice and it's really really low sugar

And then I added in almond milk
To give it a little bit of that kind of creaminess that it won't have because it doesn't have the banana

The recipe originally had turbinado sugar because apparently fruit is not sweet enough without adding sugar so I removed that

And they've got all those fun boosts
So I got a metabolism boost

And it was really really good

So this week
I'm doing smoothies
Cantaloupe
Frozen peaches
Pineapple juice with some amount of mango puree
Sadly they did not have papaya juice
And almond milk

Add some salad ingredients left over
So I had a cucumber and tomato salad

But then later I had some brown rice
But I had a jar of some kind of chili crisp
And I put a bunch of that on the brown rice
So see it's not officially cleanse
Brown rice is cleanse
Chili crisp not so much