Tuesday, September 6, 2022

For some reason I don't like burnt sienna I don't like there's a whole range of orange that I don't like I like orange but there's this brownish orange color and it's like you sort of need it but I don't like the colors I've tried quinacridone burnt orange

I didn't like burnt sienna from the get-go

And when I was painting with oils and acrylics I used Indian red instead but I don't like Indian red in watercolor because it's too opaque so now I use alizarin gold as my burnt sienna substitute and paraleen maroon as my Indian red substitute it's just really funny cuz I can watch videos of people talking about colors and color mixing and the perfect color chart and I'm like nope can't use that nope don't like that nope you know and I can go through a whole watching a whole pallet there's a woman who is like world renowned for her watercolor color knowledge

Her name is Jane Blundell and she's Australian and she's really nice
Very knowledgeable I totally am not in any way dissing her but you know she put together pallets for several different companies actually and I always looking on a gun that's beautiful but I just wouldn't paint with that

I don't know why I have to be so difficult

Anyway I think what I'm finally going to do is open up the tubes and try to stick something in and get out a little bit of paint in the hope that I can just verify which color it is cuz although I can mix it The color I can mix doesn't have any granulation and I want the granulation and I can put granulation in it but that'll push it red or blacker and I don't want either of those things

I actually think I prefer to play with mixing colors than to paint an object I really am interested in the color

Anyway the lunar Earth is a paint that has it breaks apart in the extreme so if you paint with it you don't get like you can't get a solid wash with it it breaks apart but if you mix it before you paint with it then you can get some interesting effects like on the page with the with the six big blobs there are some bits that look just like just like I painted the paint brush down that is the lunar Earth blended in with the yellow and it's not really reading as all that granulated it's more just reading as dimensional it's interesting stuff and I like it those big blobs were blended on the paper and you get more of the granulation effect when you do it like that I particularly like that one on the nickel tighten it yellow that's the bottom center one I put down the yellow and then I put down a lot of the lunar Earth and then I put more yellow on top of it and so it it's got kind of a weird glowing burning type effect

I don't know they're interesting and definitely going to include the lunar Earth