Wednesday, April 13, 2022

That's my first time e-filing
I had to pay money though
I didn't like that but I wasn't sure what to do about the insurance credit thing
And I wasn't sure about a couple other things
I didn't want to have to read like the whole book and watch a bunch of videos so I figured I would just do the e-filing thing
And it was supposed to be free but apparently if you if you don't have a W-2 it isn't free
So whatever it's done now I don't have to worry about it

Well that may not be true it says it takes 24 to 48 hours to tell if the IRS accepted your return
And they want you to eat file so it's not like they're going to throw it out willy-nilly it's not like you know voting
But you have to put your they're like you need to put your AGI number from your 2020 tax return so they can identify you
And I'm like what the f*** is an AGI number what the f*** is an AGI number and I found my 2020 tax return it was exactly where I thought it was so that was awesome so that took no time to find and all the information that I needed to file the 2021 return I had where I knew where it was so that didn't take very long to find
I had to look a little harder for the 1095-A because that doesn't look different so I had all that important papers together but I didn't find I didn't catch that one on the first pass so I was like okay well I don't have that I need that

But AGI I'm like okay I filled it out manually and sent it in so it's not going to have any kind of like special technical number or whatever well when I looked it up AGI is adjusted gross income so I felt pretty stupid I guess I'm still not really used to acronyms for every single f****** thing

But of course they gave you the number of digits to write the rounded number and I didn't write the rounded number I did a number with a decimal place and cent
So then I had an existential crisis about which one I should put since I couldn't type in the number that was actually on the form I sent in should I type in the rounded number which is the number of digits they gave me or should I type in the number that I actually put and it just didn't have enough spaces for the last two digits and I don't know which is the right answer but I decided to type in the number I actually put and it just didn't take the last two digits so that maybe wrong in which case I guess they could theoretically throw out my return but I suspect they will not

But perhaps that would not have been a complicated question for most people perhaps that would have been easy and they would have just known what to do I don't know
Anyway I'm very happy to be through with that and not have it weighing over my head