Saturday, December 9, 2017

norman, dark, moon

I dreamed
I was driving around
in the pitch dark
there was a sign
that had a moon
it glowed in the dark
Norman
a guy I went to high school with
was in the car behind me
but we had a com system, somehow
so we could communicate


I can't remember Norman's
last name
or what he did after hs
I remember
he was the cowboy kid
and
that his mother had remarried
and was only allowed to keep him
til he turned 18
then he had to get out
they weren't helping him
with college
or
anything else
and
I judged his mother pretty harshly
for choosing her new husband
over her kid
not
that I ever met her
or
got her side of the story
and
not
that I was besties with Norman
I don't think I've thought about him
unless I've mentioned him before


i don't know what it means
that I'm thinkin about him now