Wednesday, April 13, 2016

hi

I fell asleep on the sofa
headphones in
listening to ink videos
I looked at all kinda things
trying to find
talkative
but
ink is where I ended up, I guess
the lightning woke me up
it's raining to beat the band


I went to the galleria after work today
after work
I didn't really want all the people
but i wanted to wander
and i wanted to go to the fountain pen store
which seems to be gone, or moved, or something
I went to where I thought it was
it wasn't there
I looked on the directory
that's where it said it was
I don't know
so
I gave up and went to sephora
I found an eye shadow brush
nice, their brand, just what i was lookin for
only $16. -- not bad
but
I wasn't done wandering
so I looked and looked
and I bought a powder foundation
Nars all day luminous powder foundation
which wasn't in my plan
I was planning bare minerals blemish correcting
but
I love Nars
and I haven't had any Nars for years
and
I am a difficult color to match
but
when I was looking at Nars
the lightest, Siberia, seemed too light
and the next one, Mont Blanc, just looked so beautiful
the sales girl came over


I'm just trying to decide if this is the right shade for me, I heard myself saying
I can color match you
ok, I said, but I'm wearing a powder foundation now and it's not the right shade-- we'll need to clean that off
she wipes off a swath of cheek and jaw
rubs Mont Blanc into my face
wow, she says, that just disappears into your skin-- it's a perfect match-- look
I look in the mirror
there's a section of my cheek that looks great
yeah, I say, it looks good
I go to check out


I head back to my exit, but a slightly different route
there is an Israeli makeup cart I didn't know to avoid
I haven't been to the mall in a long time
he pulls me over
do you wear makeup
yes, I say
what kind, like Mary Kay
no, not like Mary Kay
like bare minerals
well, yeah sometimes
he has a brush out and is trying to paint my face with mineral makeup
I look at him
I really don't want to do this now
I'm feeling slightly hysterical
he lets me go
look us up on line, he says
as I try to get while the gettin's good
I only get about 15 feet when I tall attractive woman in a very short form fitting dress hands me a sample packet
I say thank you and try to keep walking
we do facials, she says
that's great, I say
let me show you, she says
not now, I say, but I'll keep it in mind
I can show you on your hand
no thank you, not now


are you Jewish, she asks me


now, tho took me by surprise
she's Israeli
why is she asking me that
is she gonna give me a discount if I am
it's like a life long dream to be mistaken for Jewish
which is a silly dream I know, but....
no, I'm not, I say
that seems the safest answer here


really, she says, I just thought
because of how you're dressed


and my first thought was
but my collar bone isn't even covered