Friday, February 14, 2014

tunnel of love

i remember, when i was maybe five, my father took debbie to some carnival.  might have been the rodeo, which is the big carnival round these parts.  might have been some small carnival.

anyway, he took debbie and he threw balls or rings or something and he won her a prize.  a small stuffed poodle.

the thing about my father, though, the way he was, he would be like:  watch this, it's all i ever do. He was the world reigning champion of ball throwing or ring tossing.  he would win the biggest brightest best prize.

which, if he did, well...

i just now realized why my father loved me so much.  i realized why he treated me like an ex-girlfriend more than a daughter out on the 10 one night after seeing you, but i just now realized why he loved me.  he would tell me he was the best and i believed it.  well, at first i guess i just didn't know any better, but then, even when i knew he was boasting, couldn't back it up, i was never like:  no you can't;  i was always like:  show me.

but if he was not victorious...

and in this case with the ball toss or the ring throw he was not exactly victorious but he did win something.  so it was funny.

And the lady wins, he said in perfect pitch carny.  pause for effect.  a small dog.



in progress...
but i think that's all for tonight.