Sunday, July 14, 2013

olfactory

you know i've been on this skin care thing awhile
and
i've really been wanting to tell you
but
i keep thinking it's probably boring

so two three weeks ago now
i went to the face shop
i needed an emulsion
and i had this kind of fantasy in my head
they have a line called white tree snow
but i had just come off inventory
and i had bad braaaaaaains

so i had to wander

the face shop had the same girl who helped me before
she's attractive to me i guess
she's pretty i guess
and she could be cute if she wanted to be
but she doesn't
she wants to be serious
she is polite
almost perfect in that she greets you, makes you feel welcome
then leaves you completely alone
but
is ready to answer any question
or discuss her experience with the products
and when i finally left over two hours later
apologizing for taking up so much of her time, said:

not at all
i got my big shipment i've been expecting
and i got it all put away
and i feel like you were part of the process
besides
it's good to take your time
when you're deciding what to put on your skin

so i tried a bunch of foam cleansers
and i didn't like the white tree snow
i think the whole line is for young young women
but
i really liked the e'thym O2 cleanser
and
the mung bean cleanser
which was too cheap for me to feel safe putting it on my face

and the emulsion that i ended up getting was flebote crystal whitening
which i don't so much like the smell of
but
it just gave that sort of yes when it touched my skin

also
i got kelp sheet masks
but that's like a whole nother post

so that was in contrast to the place that sells the sooryehan

i went to the asian grocery i love
cause i needed toasted sesame oil and whatnot
so i'm trying to walk past the sooryehan store
but they're having a gift set sale
so i slowed down to look

and the old woman who works there
she spots me
you need something lighter for the summer
that was true
that had motivated my emulsion shopping
so
she pulls me in

she remembers isa knox
and she shows me something
more moisture
summer dries your skin

yes it was moist
but
i walk over to the hyo
i want this
do you have a set with this

she turns to the young girl
she's go good
she knows

she turns to me:
this most popular in korea

so i was trying not to spend money
and i ended up with something i wanted
plus samples of the rest of the line

and
finally
here is the olfactory

after i wash my face
i tap the toner sample onto my hand
and it smells
amazing

like
floating through an atmosphere
where my molecules are permeable to

i can't even say

flower
rain
mana

and
not just the scent
physical sensation as scentual experience

i smell that
until the wave passes
and then
i put the on the serum and emulsion and eye gel cream
and press my hands into my face

[and the thing is
i've been using this baby collagen serum
and i felt like it was working
but
this stuff
a.) i don't care if it works it feels great
b.) seems to make my skin feel younger]

when the scent begins to evanesce

i pat on the flebote
which has this strong floral scent
which is slightly jarring
but when the emulsion sinks in
it's like i can feel the resveratrol
or

it holds my face in warm embrace