Sunday, March 17, 2013

sign posts

last wednesday i had a conversation with god
well, i talked
look god
i don't know whether
i can't hear you because i'm too embroiled in working
or because i'm less crazy
or maybe it's that you think i've gone off track
you disapprove of my actions
or lack of actions

so
if you could give me some sign
something to let me know
something
i'd really appreciate it

so
i went to work
and i had to do this change over thingy
and i had a packet of signage and whatnot
now i had been most concerned with the part of the packet
that let me know what i needed to order
and where everything had to go
because normally i barely get it in enough time to order that stuff
and this time it came in plenty of time

but
i didn't open the packet to take everything out
i just took out what i was concerned with
saw that it looked like the right amount of stuff
and didn't worry about it

however
when i went to put up the feature signs
they weren't there

and i knew they were theoretically
in a folder somewhere, reprintable
but i couldn't find where
and i was freaking out

i wrangled sushi-thirties-guy into helping me look
and, eventually, we found them
then
i had to reprint them all
and i still got done pretty much on time

so
what was the sign in that
i mean it was all about signs

i'm not sure

then yesterday, on the road, i asked god
if he's upset with me and wants me to turn around
show me one large bird
[i had been seeing solo large birds all the drive up]
if he's not upset with me and everything's ok
show me two little birds flying together

i saw not one bird of any size
the whole way home

so
hey god
does that mean
neither of those fits
or
you aren't speaking to me anymore

so now i'm unreasonably worried
that you are pissed with me
even though the whole thing was just some shit i made up
so why would you be mad
but then i told you about it, didn't i
so maybe you're mad about that
and radio8ball is down

so i'm frantically asking the cards
and they are fucking with me, totally

but here's what they say you feel about me, right now

and now

and now

and those aren't bad, actually
but earlier they were all bad
and
before that
it said that you were involved in a very profitable
or potentially profitable
i'm gonna say
networking session
when i was wanting you
and that it was better for you to have been where you were, really

which is not the degree of specificity that i frequently get
so i'm inclined to think
psychic flash
but hey
who can say

anyway
whatever
i hope you're good
and
i wish i knew
what all my signs and lack of signs
mean