Wednesday, April 13, 2011

movies and mooses

i dreamed i was living in some sort of communal living arrangement
and i was trying to find a place to put my books

what do you think the books represent
i always seem to be worrying
about those books

anyway
i think i ended up stacking them against the wall
in a walking closet

and there were two cats
one was my cat
one was a stray
we were trying to integrate
mine was a black cat
and the stray was too
but i could tell them apart immediately
even though they had identical markings

there was this topiary mattress
that one of the cats
shredded
eviscerated

which was not going to make it popular
but i kept wondering:

what is the point of a topiary mattress
it's not like mattresses are so pretty
that you need a shaped one on a decorative wrought iron post

i have no idea what any of that's about


there was this couple
the girl reminded me of sharon tuttle
one of the computer book department people
i used to work with at the book store
and the guy
i'm not sure who he looked like

they had a pet moose

they laughed and said:
our gift is the sign the moose wears:
not insane

which i guess meant they were kindly letting you know
that it was not a dangerous moose

and maybe that means
it is finally time for me to tell you
my moose story
so maybe i have to write it
i hate to
i've been saving it
it involves ping pong and mean-ness

i totally can't play ping pong
but i used to could
when i was like ten

i guess ten was a big year for me


anyway
right before i got up
i had this really weird dream

i use my cell phone as an alarm clock

i'm not really sure why
i have an uber loud german brass windup clock
i have a tweeting bird clock i got in chicago

i have an awesome shiva clock i got in santa fe
(but it never worked)
when i got home with it and put batteries in it
it was not singing shiva songs
only the clock part works
which pissed me off

wow, that was a long aside, i guess i needed to vent

cell phone clock

so it had gone off
the first time
i got up
fed the cat
got back in bed
it's gonna ring in thirty minutes

normally
it either goes on the bedside shelves
or on the bed next to me
but today
i was laying on my back
and i just held it on my chest
which led to something
it wasn't much like a dream

i took a video of myself laying there
a sheet covering the lower half of my face like a veil
actually
it started out with a black screen
and you could just hear me
then you could see me
and i looked kinda scary
kinda like those ads i keep seeing for hanna
then i got up out of the bed
and walked to the sliding glass door
slowly
and filming myself
but there was some kind of music playing
and i'm not sure how to describe it
it was heavy
multi layered
and maybe appropriate for a horror film
but beautifully haunting too
and maybe i was wailing
or maybe it was just the music

then
when i got to the window
i played it back
watched the whole thing

it could have happened

it was quite like an out of body experience


anyway
weirdness