Tuesday, March 31, 2015

i dreamed we were younger and you were living in the midwest

I went to see you
you worked at a bank
maybe you were a security guard
or a custodian
I was surprised you had a day job
but
I endured the quizzing of your work friends
we went to dinner
I don't remember that part too well
this is the first time you've been to see me that you weren't sick, you said
you quoted some things to me
that I didn't remember
either of us saying
then you said
your friend had called me a blue bird
I heard panther
then you took me for a ride in your truck
but suddenly
we were on the streets
the bumpy streets
where I grew up
with the gnarled live oaks
making the street seem like a tunnel
and we were kissing
while driving
we have to stop
I said
meaning driving
because it was dangerous
these streets had too much traffic for kissing
but
you thought I meant kissing
I could tell
you had been making up a story
telling it to me while we drove
it had been going very well
I was super into you
and i had kissed you
just like I peck type kiss
like carried away enthusiasm
but it had taken, ya know
and now tongues were involved
it was amazing
and I was feeling the desperate throb down below
I in no way wanted to stop
and when you looked in my eyes
with your uncertainty at my statement
you could tell I meant driving


but then my alarm went off
and I risked being late
to try to get back to kissing you
but
I couldn't get back


I love you