Wednesday, April 11, 2012

trying to ask you questions

i want to ask you things
and, i do try
but, sometimes
i don't know whether your pointedly not answering me
is due to
not really getting what i'm needing to know
and
how much of it is:
jeez i have no clue
i just need you not to go away
whadda i gotta say to keep you from going away

and then
i don't want to ask again

i will not
allow myself to be
a nag
i hate nags

we are a storytelling people, you and me
and
i'm not using that as a euphemism for liars
i think it's a good thing
a true thing
a real thing

but
i want to make sure you realize
i'm thinking you're gonna write some of the story

do you understand what i'm saying?

i'm not making demands
and i know that that is cryptic as hell

but i need to make that clearer
because
i think you think
that one day you might just walk into my story
already in progress
seamlessly

and
not to be a buzz kill
but
that's not how my story goes