Monday, January 25, 2010

i had 2 dreams that kind of disturbed me

in the first
there was a mirror
in my childhood bedroom
a really large mirror
i couldn't avoid it
that was a problem
there was a demon
(ghost or something)
in the mirror
and it upset me to look at it
and the girl in the mirror would laugh:
don't look at me, don't look at me
it evidently gave her great delight that i couldn't avoid her
but it creeped me out and depressed me
and then there were people
i'm not sure who they were
but in the dream they were family
and they kept bringing up the ghost girl
just for the sake of upsetting me
and then
there was speculation about the trauma
childhood trauma
which i must be projecting
into the mirror
but it wasn't like a nightmare
i didn't wake up upset
and i'm not feeling bad about myself at all
at least i don't think i am

in the other
i was trying to get ready
i had someplace to be like school or work or somewhere
but i wasn't really all that enthusiastic
and whenever i'd try to get ready
there was always someone using the shower
so i was getting progressively later
and then
a toddler popped into my room
it was someone else's kid
but it knew me
and it liked me better than it's parents
and somehow it was a mutant or something and had
the ability to teleport or whatever
so, like a kitten will, it had adopted me
but i knew it wasn't that simple
that the mother would think i had kidnapped it
so i found myself in a quandary
and i wasn't leaving the house that day, it seemed