Wednesday, August 26, 2009

fashion police are after me


i know there was much more to this dream
i remember walking around with a group of friends
i remember worrying about juggling funds
i remember, i think, a bookstore
and driving down some country road
that, even though i'd never been there before, somehow
i recognized it, knew it
maybe it was from another dream, forgotten
maybe it was from some premonition, but
i had car trouble
i stopped
i used a phone booth to call, someone
somehow
in this town
the fact that my father had worked for S&W
meant that everyone in town was prepared to help me
it was very strange
and in my suitcase all my clothes were slick
like satin or silk
very strange
and
i'm not sure of the sequencing
but i got a hat
and that kinda worries me
because it was a very strange type of hat
like, slightly like a top hat but with a bill instead of a brim
with feathers and stuff
but then i remembered (after i woke up)
that i'd been looking through jeff goldblum video
and i saw one where he's in, i think, the music man
and don't get me wrong
i love the music man
and i love jeff goldblum
but it was that type of hat