Monday, March 13, 2017

last night, weird dreams

I was singing
with some other girl
one of you know who's songs
and
I was singing kinda low
kinda
harmony
but, not exactly
because
not exactly
I thought it sounded fine
but you
you maybe didn't
I'm not sure of your motivations
but, you stuck a microphone in my hand
told me I was off-key
and told me to sing it alone
it pissed me off
so
I turned around
faced the room
and started singing something else
some Christmas song
can't remember
white Christmas? Maybe
but upbeat
for sure
maybe somethin else, not sure
and I was singin it for real
not all casual-like
but
ya know, to beat the band
but
it was a little defiant
not sure what that means


then
I was naturally back in school
and
all the girls
had to take their eyes off
like glasses
walking around eyeless
and every one of the girls
kept saying
I feel like someone is doing something
damaging my eyes
I can feel it
something is wrong with them
I have pain
all of them
were worried
it was upsetting, weird


I haven't got a clue
what that means