Tuesday, March 8, 2016

i started writing with a fountsin pen in college

I found one at the drug store that was five dollars
cartridges were cheap too
fun colors
pens and inks
I would get this recycled paper
that just sucked up the ink
and take notes galore
I could switch the cartridge without missing a beat
but
at some point
they stopped selling my five dollar pens
and although I have had others
including some expensive montblancs
I don't really like to carry around expensive stuff
I feel more comfortable
if it doesn't have to be precious


so
finding these inks
that come with a free pen
is quite exciting
but
then I ordered a twenty dollar pen too
not too precious
but
I love fountain pens
and I haven't written with one in years
I got on this manga pen kick
and
kinda lost my way
plus
since I've had the smart phone
and the tiny purse
I haven't been carrying a journal
but
I miss it
it's a thing, ya know