Thursday, October 1, 2015

moonlight

i hold you hand as we stare up into the night sky
i haven't quite put the words to it, i say
i'm trying, but there seems to be this sticky silken web or net or something
that keeps the right image just beyond reach
it'll come to you, you say, and you put your arm around me

the air is this strange amalgamation of hot and chill
that doesn't make any sense
but
i'm not really used to sensible weather
i huddle close to you
i feel your body heat
a fireside inside somewhere
calls me
i want to crawl inside of you
lounge on your bear skin rug
i stare up into your eyes
and i swear i see a flickering

now i realize i have not been speaking
it didn't seem to bother you, but
how was your day, i ask

it was good, can't complain, but
i thought about you and me and this
all day

i sigh, but in a happy way
and reach my arms up behind your head
pulling myself up
or you down
or possibly both, i'm not sure
i only want our lips to meet

then your arms are wrapped around me
touching the bare skin of my back
and it's like i'm burning slightly

our tongues are touching
it's so
wonderful
whoever thought up tongue kissing
they should get some kind of award
i push myself against you
hoping that i'm aiming
and without too much pressure
you moan slightly
my head swims
i may pass out

bed, you whisper
in this strange tone
like maybe you're asking
if that's ok location-wise
maybe i'd prefer the kitchen table
or bent over the bathroom sink

bed.  yes.  comfortable.  now, please

you smile
you're so beautiful
you take my hand and lead me there
like some kind of fairy tale