Sunday, June 28, 2015

ok, i don't remember any dreams with you in them

but
I slept a long time
and i think I only remember the last one
but
it was a doozie
and doesn't completely make sense


there was a part
where I was trying to live with my dad
but that seemed to mean
I lived in my car
my key didn't work
I could never get in the apartment
I could never get him on the phone
I couldn't make I to work on time
because I could never get access
to the shower
or my clothes


but
I also couldn't reach work on the phone
so I didn't know what time
I was really supposed to be there
I figured
by the time I got this resolved
I'd have too many points
and be fired


I went to this building
to try and find my father
there was this museum display
maybe it was cooking implements through history
not sure
it had these little room type things set up
but they weren't chronological


I forgot
I had an ok car
but it might have been a BMW
I had a white on white polka dot leather
like across between a briefcase and a messenger bag
and my key chain had a rubber chicken
not like cute
like old school rubber chicken


I found my father and
brothers (still kids)
and new mutant sibling
it was pretty shriveled on it's lower body
and didn't look quite real


there was a heavy bag
and i had to carry it
through a maze of refrigerators
and then we reached this place that looked like a mine shaft
ok, my father says looking at my brother
either I am
or you are
going to get a trunk on our car from this
leading us down the mine shaft
to the custom kitchen planning room
all our stuff is put into a mine cart
and I'm wheeling it along
I almost run over my mutant sibling
who they have left on the track at the end


and then
my father begins this
bizarre disturbing performance
which is maybe part Blair witch part lion king


he is showing dead frogs
and roots
and I don't know what
to explain how
my brother is like
the chosen king of everything