Saturday, June 27, 2015

i fell asleep on the sofa

I dreamed
that I fell asleep on the sofa
and I woke up
I had had a huge glass of ice
which had mostly melted
but was still ice cold
there were mothy shadows on the ceiling
and then I staggered outside
drinking my icy water
spilling it all down the front of me
soak in my tshirt and panties
looking up
before it's dawn, but already lightening
flowers and berries on bowers
above my head
against the sky
then staggering across the yard
to some giant anthill or something
being afraid
then the whole yard sloped upward
to a tree that looked like some sort of alter
then back up to the front door
a young girl screams for help from a window next door
and
I am in a black and white movie
starring Anne Bancroft
I am rushing up escalators
trying to get
somewhere