Sunday, December 28, 2014

i'm sick again

it seems like i've been sick a lot this year

my back feels ok though
so i'm ahead of last year
this next week is new year, so it might be a little rough
and then the next week is promo change, so overnights

i took yesterday off and slept all day
today i'm just taking it a little easy

i hope everything is ok with you
sometimes
sometimes i worry
i don't know if i should

i had a reaction, rather my eyes did
i was trying out a new powder  --  circa 1935
i wore it on xmas and it didn't seem to give me any problem
i wanted to test it first
because it contains fragrance
and i thought it might be a problem
but i couldn't resist the vintage-ness

now
maybe this was the sickness
or maybe it was the powder
but my eyes started making mucus, seriously
it was blurring my vision
and
my eyelids swelled up
it wasn't a good look for me

but
i washed 90% of my makeup off in the back room sink
with just warm water and scratchy paper towels
and that, to me, is the sign of good makeup
it washes off easily

i don't really like powder
but you need it to set the makeup, right
it looks good at first
but then it doesn't

and i was trying a buffing technique
so i might have ground it into my eyes, just a little


anyway
i'm thinking about you
in that way that i think about you when i'm sick
my birthday's coming up
and i'm a little bit afraid
to be honest