Monday, May 10, 2010

i can't remeber last night, but the night before...

i dreamed
i was a teenager
i was living with my father and stepmother
i was pregnant
but nobody knew
and i was hanging out at the swimming pool
i had this floatation device
fastened tight around my hips
which reminded me of those bands
the kind they have for pregnant women
so they can wear normal clothes
instead of big old mu mus
and i don't know why i'm dreaming about that
any of it
and i don't know whose baby it was
although
i was a little uncomfortable with the questioning
contextually

and my father
he took me around
showed me his place
he had an awful lot of furniture
asian maybe antiques
i can't tell real from fake or ages
so i don't know
and maybe that
was because i was in a store like that
last saturday
when i went to an outdoor market
and the bathroom
was in the back of the asian furniture store

at the market
i got my fortune told
a love and destiny reading
which she was looking up in a book
which was weird
but she's more of an astrologer
and i don't know how much i believe in astrology, really
but
some planetary thing
my next "good" marriage year is when i'm 49
apparently 12 and 31 were my last two "good" windows
and, for some reason, i find that funny
my father, who thought he was in communication with spirits
but i just thought he was crazy
even though i do believe in that kind of thing, sort of
he said i would marry late in life
and i was like:
well, duh, i'm already 24
like if i had managed to escape it that far
what was ever gonna catch me
which seems bizarre to me now
but i think i felt older then, somehow

so maybe
this dream
was just one of those ones
where a bunch of things from your day
connect
mix up
reform
to make a dream
that isn't really telling you anything at all
or maybe
it is telling me something
or maybe
synchronicity
has reached some sort of critical mass
where i'm just pulling what i want to hear to me
like some giant magnet in the law of attraction land