Thursday, October 12, 2017

i can't sleep any more

I have always been a night person
I did not think staying up
till 5am
was going to be a challenge
often
I can't make myself go to bed
before 3am
so that I only get 3 or 4 hours of sleep
and then have the same problem
the next night


lately, though
I've been extra tired
I've gone to bed maybe three times
in recent memory
at 9:30p
which I used to do when I got up at 3a


now
to sleep 15 hours
is something I'm totally
or I used to be
capable of doing
like
catching up


but
today
I couldn't stay up past 12:45a
then I got up to feed the cat
and pee and such
went back to bed
and
I can't sleep any more
and I've been in the bed
stretching out my back
for like an hour


I have to go to work
and 9pm
and work until at least 5am
but possibly 9am
if we aren't finished
we have to tear out fixturing
and rebuild the wall
this is not something
I am particularly good at
but
I'm required to be there
and it will be WORK
I really wanted
to be doing this
rested
it'd be different
if it was something creative


anyway
I hope everything is good with you
I'm all shifted around
and feeling weird
I probably should wait
till 6 or 7 to have coffee
but
I'm probably not
going to wait


I love you