Saturday, June 18, 2016

i was waiting with you

you were about to do something
and I was watching
how you manage
stress, preparatory to action
I was impressed
and we talked about it
you said something
brilliant that I want to remember
but I can't


then, suddenly
I see something
I think I saw your name on the feed
CNN, maybe, not sure now
but news feed


yes, you say
and wind it backwards
so I can read the headline


then
the scene changes
John Lennon is still alive
and I'm in his girlfriend's room
talking to her
she is mid twenties
blonde
really smart and funny
and very attractive
she's talking about John
and all the things she finds odd about him
and I gather
he and Yoko ate still together
this girl is the girlfriend
Yoko is fine with it
though she doesn't like the girl much


do you think it's weird
she asks me
the difference in our ages
no, I say
age is totally relative
it how you feel together that matters


and then I have to go to my room
which I across the street
at the warehouses
I meet someone else i know
I don't like being naked in public, I say
because I am noticing
I'm not wearing anything
and I go into a late night diner
there in the warehouses
we're talking
and I say
it sounds like a cliche
but every woman is beautiful
some are stupid, but even they are not stupid about everything
and the one thing they know
you might learn something
I think there was more
it seemed deeper in the moment


good morning angel